Knitterific

Yes, it's a knitting blog, but you may also find the following: some kvetching, copious amounts of general blabbing, and occassional snarkiness. But mostly it's all about the knitting. Probably. We'll see. Hmmm.

Thursday, June 17, 2004

Eureka! I have found it! Again!

For the past couple of years, I have had a few skeins of Rowanspun DK (in "Gremlin" green) in my stash. Of course, I decided I needed more in order to make a sweater AFTER it was discontinued. Well, I'm here to tell you, friends, that the half-assed search for more of this yarn has joyfully come to a surprisingly successful end! YES! You CAN still get it, and without having to throw yourself at the mercy of the EBay gods! And the new stuff even matches the old stuff perfectly. So, here's what I'm all itchy to knit today:


Okay, this picture is just going to have to stay sideways. Flipping it right-side up doesn't seem to be an option for my poor old computer. So I'm going to pretend this is how the sweater will look when I put it on and lie on the couch. Posted by Hello


I do dig this pattern. I'm a little, shall we say, chestier than yon hungry model, but I think it should fit great.

Also, on a non-knitting note, I just found a company that sells small, very cute plush toys modeled after the microbes that give us the common cold, ebola, and baker's yeast, among others. My dear friend, who teaches Nutrition and Sanitation, as well as food science at a culinary school just received "Shiggy" the Shigella toy today, and boy is he adorable. That is, until you remember that the real shigella is an intestinal illness resposible for 140 million cases a year of stomach cramps, fever, a generally, um, "poopy" feeling, caused by someone not adequately washing their hands before handling your food. I'm going to have to get the yeast toy, though. He's really pretty adorable, and in real life, gives us the gifts of bread and beer. Thank you Sacchromyces Cerevisiae!





The WeatherPixie