Knitterific

Yes, it's a knitting blog, but you may also find the following: some kvetching, copious amounts of general blabbing, and occassional snarkiness. But mostly it's all about the knitting. Probably. We'll see. Hmmm.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Mmmm...Summer knitting.....

One of the greatest things about living in the Bay Area is that the climate is super temperate. It gets cold but we don't get really any snow (when we do it makes the news), and it is never terribly hot (though we did get a two-day heat wave three years ago with temps reaching 103). Once a year or so, we get a lightning storm that sends my neighbors out onto their porches to watch. Bless their hearts, they ARE NOT weather hicks. That said, it is really funny when a magnificent flash of lightning crackles across the sky and is met with "WOOOOO....hoo!" somewhere in the dark. Don't laugh- it wasn't me, I swear. Anyhoo, it is on this temperate morning that I realized that the things I'm knitting are all pretty cold weather-oriented. The new Knitty is out, and it is all very hot cha cha. I've got a scarf on the needles ready for the tundra.  Posted by Hello

Pretty, though. Manos Del Uraguay, mmmm...
Knitty's "Hush Hush" is just about my speed. The part about wearing it with my dungarees has me ready knit it up, throw it on, and go party in the fog!